WaysSouth Voices Newsletter Summer 2011
WaysSouth has made a good start with our Strategic Plan, but we need volunteer help to carry us forward and make the plan work. Please look at the volunteer needs described below and let us know at email@example.com if you can help. Or, make additional suggestions that match your capabilities. You dont need to be an expert to help, just enthusiastic!
Volunteers are needed to:
- Review and critique drafts of the Model ground transportation system for the Southern Appalachians.
- Identify and compile ongoing state and regional planning processes and to participate in local planning.
- Gather existing transportation planning and policy documents from States where WaysSouth is active.
- Establish relationships with key local elected officials.
- Help identify critical documents that we can link to the WaysSouth website.
- Plan upcoming WaysSouth public information events in Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee.
We are always looking for volunteers to help advocate on specific projects such as Corridor K and our Rail Task Force. Contact us if you are aware of specific projects that need work, or are interested in joining one of our mailing lists to become more involved in existing projects.